Small Business Technical Assistance
The Prince William County Department of Economic Development in partnership with the Mason Small Business Development Center (Mason SBDC) has launched a technical assistance program for businesses economically impacted by COVID-19.
Program participants will access free business counseling with a Mason SBDC counselor to review and determine technical improvements or updates needed to enhance business operations. These technical assistance services ensure small business viability through growth, expansion, innovations, increased productivity, and management, especially as it relates to making informed business decisions to navigate the economic effects of COVID-19.
Prince William County will cover up to $10,000 for technical services provided by qualified subject professionals in the following areas:
- Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
- Online shop maintenance
- SEO keyword targeting, site content and page optimization
- IT Services – Infrastructure, Cybersecurity and Application Integration
- Cybersecurity risk assessment and training
- Physical location in Prince William County
- Must be a for-profit business
- Must have 25 or fewer employees
- Current on Business License and Business Tangible Property taxes
- Have a Prince William County Business license, if applicable.
- Franchises must be locally owned and registered in Prince William County
- Adult entertainment business are not eligible
Services will only be offered from October until December 2020, so interested businesses need to act now. The earlier a business can complete the counseling session, the earlier the business can be considered for technical services.
For frequently asked questions or tips to apply, visit the program page at covid19.pwcded.org/technical-assistance. If you have any additional questions about the program, please contact Small Business Development Manager, Clarice Grove at [email protected] or 571- 334-0242.